Most of the entrepreneurs that you would come by would be great at explaining and convincing others about their aims and objectives, but when they come to conveying information regarding websites and mobile apps, they will fall short of portraying the complete idea.
How to improve
If you think that the technical stuff involved in software development in Dubai is not your forte, you have nothing to worry about. Here are some tools that will aid you in communicating with your software developer:
- Sketch-boarding and story boards: Sketch boarding is a relatively easy technique, which does not include any use of technology. All you need is a pen and a paper. You can guide him by drawing all the key components of the interface and what features you would like on the display screen. You do not have to worry about them being detailed and very good images, just enough that you can talk with your team about them and choose the solution.
The next step that you need to follow is to create a user flow. This is meant to portray how you want the users to guide through the pages and content of your app. You can sketch what you want the users to experience through tools like templates and special markers.
These sketches are also known as storyboards. This creates the closest resembling route for the developer to do everything according to your ideas. Since you can arrange these in different orders, you can generate many different combinations within a short period.
- Flowchart: You use a flow chart to create a pathway of already known symbols to represent a complete process. Their connections are shown through arrows.
You can use these to communicate your vision of the outlook and features of the processes and user flows.
- Business use cases: These give you guidance on how to handle certain situations. Suppose that you own a web application based on event registration processes. Then you would have to show a clear path on how the user can buy a ticket, pay for it and then get a refund on it.
- Wireframe with an interaction flow and annotations: It is a blue print tool for your website and shows how it works. A simple wireframe represents the overall layout with the content, page features and the navigation method to be utilized. Annotations are like Post-it notes that allow you to mention the details or any other required information about different elements.
- Prototypes: Clickable wire frames are also called click through prototypes. These let the users intermingle with the display screen. All you need to do is to first create a separate wireframe for your pages, and then just link them with one another through the “links” feature provided by the tool. Once you are done with getting your software developed, you can market it easily with techniques like bulk SMS in UAE.